Hi, I'm Deb, I trained and qualified at Diploma level at Stroud College in Integrative
Counselling in 2006 and I was a volunteer counsellor for 18 months at the Listening Post in Stroud and Gloucester. I adhere to a strict code of ethics and have professional Liability insurance.
My service gives you the highest priority and confidentiality and my work is supervised to make sure I continue to offer a safe and professional service. I work long and short term with my clients in many areas such as addictions, abuse, relationship issues, depression and anxiety, bereavement and loss. I am also a specialised Sexual Violence Counsellor and have previously worked for SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) and GRASAC (Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre). If counselling turns out not to be appropriate for you, I may be able to suggest other forms of help.
If you would like to attend an introductory session, the cost is £25 for 50 minutes. Each weekly session thereafter if you would like to continue is priced at £60 for a 50 minute session.
Face-to-face or Skype sessions available.
“Why would you need counselling?”
● Because you’ve come to a crossroads in your life, and you want to clarify what changes you’d like to make
● Because you have reached a crisis point, and need someone to help you deal with things that seem impossible to deal with alone.
● Something may be blocking you, or holding you back, and it may feel impossible to
change, and may be preventing you from really living life to your full potential
● You may have experienced a loss, and need support whilst coming to terms with it
● You may be suffering from physical complaints that need your attention, and which may be connected to deeper issues
... or you may just be feeling stressed, confused, or anxious. You may just want time to
discover parts of yourself that have not yet had the chance to be expressed
“You may just need someone to listen?”
An assessment is available to discuss whether counselling is the solution for you. I can help you deal with a range of problems from practical everyday matters to sensitive, traumatic or emotional issues. The assessment will also give you the chance to ask any questions that you may have, and to get to know me and my style of work.